In an attempt to maintain high quality output, it is imperative that all training institutions have effective and documented internal quality assurance systems which support the training, assessment and certification process in accordance with established standards. This ‘Internal/ External Verification’ course has been designed to train individuals as verifiers, thereby empowering them to evaluate and promote the maintenance of quality assurance systems within training institutions.
Persons selected to be trained as verifiers should be:
- Committed to promoting and maintaining quality in Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET).
- Currently pursuing the assessor training course OR is
- A certified NVQ-J Level 4 Assessor
The training will provide participants with the opportunity to:
- evaluate the internal assessment system
- identify the training needs of assessors and teachers /instructors
- monitor assessment processes and systems
- plan and conduct moderation activities
- meet external quality assurance requirements
- develop and improve their skills in Internal Verification and Moderation processes.
- develop and support instructors and assessors in executing their tasks.
- manage the Assessment System and Assessment Process so that they consistently meet the established standard.